The Minister of Foreign Trade of Costa Rica, Mrs. Anabel Gonzalez, will be visiting India on March 19-23 to participate as Guest of Honor at INDIASOFT 2012. Minister Gonzalez will also be leading a trade and investment mission of approximately 25 Costa Rican entrepreneurs with the objective of strengthening trade and investment relations between both countries.
• The visit will include the cities of New Delhi (March 19-20), Hyderabad (March 21-22) and Bangalore (March 23). Minister Gonzalez will be accompanied by the Costa Rican agencies specialized on trade and investment promotion (PROCOMER and CINDE).
• In New Delhi, Minister Gonzalez will meet with the Minister of Commerce and Industry of India, Mr. Anand Sharma; the Minister of Finance, Mr. Shri pranab Mikherjee and the Commerce Secretary, Mr. Rahul Khullar. Hopefully both governments will be able to agree and sign a Framework Agreement to Promote Economic Cooperation and an Agreement for the Reciprocal Promotion and Protection of Investments.
• The visit will also include meetings with different Indian chambers of commerce and trade, such as the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
• On Monday 19th, The Ambassador of Costa Rica in India, Mr. Juan Manuel Cordero will offer a welcome cocktail to the Minister, with the participation of government counterparts and Costa Rican and Indian businessmen and chambers of commerce and trade.
• In Hyderabad, Minister Gonzalez will be the Guest of Honor and Keynote Speaker at the inaugural session of INDIASOFT 2012. She will meet with authorities from the Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC) sponsor of INDIASOFT and will visit the CII Green Business Center.
• In Bangalore, Minister Gonzalez will meet with The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (NASSCOM) and she will visit different Indian enterprises, with the objective of exploring Investment opportunities.